Friday, October 14, 2011

The Blind Side


So recently I was watching Sandra bullock’s film “the blind side.” Here’s what I think about the film:
With tremendous performances and a heart touching true story about a Michael oher who had a troubled childhood is one film that is going in my favorite films’ list. Looking at the poster, I thought this would be another film about American football but as they say you can’ judge a book by its’ cover and turns out, this movie was so much more than what I thought. As much as I love Sandra bullock in her sort of chick flicks and romantic comedies like ‘miss congeniality’ and ‘two weeks’ notice’; I never thought Sandra bullock could do serious roles so well and she proved me wrong! A well deserved best actress Oscar award I must say! With all the other characters in the film also doing a tremendous job, I would like to mention Quinton Aaron’s name for the heart-touching emotional portrayal of Michael oher. Without his performance, I think the film would have been a complete disaster because the weight of the film lied entirely on his shoulders.
As the film progressed, I started feeling a really strong connection with the story and started wondering whether this was a true story or not. So I searched it and was shocked to see that this heart-wrenching story was true, that it had actually happened to someone.
As much as I would like to discuss this movie more, I would recommend everyone to watch this film. Go watch it now if you were an idiot like me and had not seen it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment