Monday, October 10, 2011

Steve jobs: find what you love


One of the greatest inventors and visionary of our time; Steve jobs passed away a few days ago. As much as every life in this world is precious and valuable, I feel deeply saddened when true geniuses like Steve jobs passes away. I would have loved to give him a tribute on my blog but right now I have something else on my mind. I was listening to Steve jobs’ 2005 commencement address in Stanford University and here’s an excerpt of his speech:

 “You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.

So as I listened to his speech, my mind tried to figure out what I really loved. But much to my disappointment, I went completely blank and I still am. So I’d like to ask everyone out there reading this, how do we figure out what we really want, what we really want to do. How do we pinpoint one thing to be the only thing we love! It seems easy for everyone to say to follow your heart but as much as it seems simple, figuring out what I really want to do is the hardest part and as soon I figure out a way to find what I really love, I will definitely tell you all about it. Till then, keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment